It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Video game about escaping Fat town
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:42 pm 
Keeps The Boat Going

Hi I saw this a couple weeks ago on the news and my friends facebook feed I had been busy hadn't posted it but the Government in U.S. is spending 10 million dollars on a video game that supposed to help cut down on obesity. It's called Escaping Fat Land. I just think this video game is a means for disaster. Here's link to the story. http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-spent-10-million-on-a-video-game-about-escaping-a-fat-town/

[color=#8000FF]My Recovery Tumblr Blog
inkthatispink.tumblr.com ]

Post subject: Re: Video game about escaping Fat town
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:24 pm 
Marvellous Mod

I'm not sure what to think about this. There's very little information about what the actual game play is like. Perhaps they could have been a bit more sensitive in the selection of a name but it sounds like they're trying to show people what happens if they don't educate themselves about nutrition and what happens if you live solely on junk food. If it's a fun educational game that teaches children about nutrition and exercise and isn't about fat shaming (hard to tell from the article whether there is any of that, doesn't sound like the overweight population is portrayed as the "bad guys" though, just not educated which is a good step forward imo) I think it might actually be a good idea.

The fact that it increased kids vegetable consumption has got to be a good thing.

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside of you that wants you to quit."

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]