It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Changes to the forum - Let us know your thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:42 am 
Awesome Admin

We're making some changes to the forum, and thought it best if we make a post about it on the main board so people know what's going on.

The main aim is to expand our community, and to do this we're going to do the following:

Change all the moderator and admin usernames to black rather than green and blue.

Basically, we have so many mods and admins because when we migrated from WBB to create this forum, we just made everyone who was a mod over there, a mod here. In reality we don't need this many mods and to be honest, we rarely even post in the mod section because our community is so small there's nothing to discuss. We realise that the board is mostly made up of mods, and having all these names in different colours can be intimidating and confusing, so we're proposing to make all the names the same. We are all equal after all! However, we do still need mods and admins to do various tasks like allowing access to different sections, approving new posts, deleting any spam etc, and if someone needs to contact a mod or admin you can click on the "Administrators" and "Global Moderators" links at the bottom of the forum index page.

Clean up some of the boards and merge/delete sections.

We propose the following:

1. Merge Row Row Row the Boat and Compass. These two sections are so similar, I don't think we need two different sections for the info. We were wondering whether to include Understanding and Advice here too, as a sub-forum. Thoughts?

2. Move Advanced Recovery Discussion to a sub-forum of Recovery Discussion. There are so few of us here this section rarely gets used.

3. Move the Photos section to the Social Port section as a sub-forum. Again, this section is so rarely used.

4. Move From the Mainland to a sub-forum in Social Port. And again, so rarely used.

Also, we're closing Member of the Month. It was a lovely idea, but there aren't enough members to make it work. Perhaps if we can grow our community we can start it up again.

Has anyone got any other ideas for things to do to make the forum a more comfortable, welcoming place?

Post subject: Re: Changes to the forum - Let us know your thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:56 pm 
Awesome Admin

I think understanding and advice should go under eating disorders not compass and row row row your boat.

But I agree with everything else.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:23 pm 
Keeps The Boat Going

Understanding and advice should go under row row your boat. Also I think there should be a F.A.Q. section that people read when they register before they post. I noticed that some people are joining and not knowing where to start. what's an introduction? What's a journal? What can they talk about or not talk about? I think that would be a good guider tool!

Also there are lot of birthday posts normally. Could would combine just to have a birthday thread where people wish people happy birthday. It save some room.

[color=#8000FF]My Recovery Tumblr Blog
inkthatispink.tumblr.com ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:26 am 
Awesome Admin

peacewithin wrote:
I think understanding and advice should go under eating disorders not compass and row row row your boat.

poeticprincess88 wrote:
Understanding and advice should go under row row your boat.
Lol conflict! ;) I'm not fussed where it goes, guess we'll see if anyone else has any thoughts on this, or we can take a vote or something.

poeticprincess88 wrote:
Also I think there should be a F.A.Q. section that people read when they register before they post.
We've got FAQ's on the website, but you're right, maybe they're not apparent. We also have this post: http://recoveryboat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=218 but I might change the name of the thread to "Where do I start once I've signed up?"

poeticprincess88 wrote:
Also there are lot of birthday posts normally. Could would combine just to have a birthday thread where people wish people happy birthday. It save some room.
Yeah I think you're right. Could get rid of the section and just have one thread in Social Port.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]