It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: recovery boat app
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:01 am 
Keeps The Boat Going

I was just curious if anyone knew what the cost of making a site like this have the capabilities of being a cell phone app. I was thinking about it the other day because when I tried to log on on my iphone it kept telling me the forum had an app and I'm not sure if the people you're hosting your site on offers it but it be kind of cool to be able to access forum from iphone app or app in general and what costs would be. Think it get lot more people on here besides that part I just like the idea of not having to log on my computer to write posts and using my phone more but I was kind of curious anyones thoughts on it.

[color=#8000FF]My Recovery Tumblr Blog
inkthatispink.tumblr.com ]

Post subject: Re: recovery boat app
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:42 pm 
Awesome Admin

Yes, we have an app, you can download it from the front page of the website: http://recoveryboat.com/ Look at the bar on the right, and you'll see a QR code. It's called "forum runner" and it costs a couple of quid, but it's our only option.

Simon did A LOT of research into this when we first created the site. It's quite complicated and difficult, since we're using phpbb3 for the forums, and we're limited to what it compatible with that. We can't create our own app or mobile site for the forums because of this. We could create some kind of general recovery-based app, but that involves programming skills I don't have. Simon has them, but he doesn't have the time unfortunately (I'm still waiting on him to create some kind of widget or button for sharing).

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]