It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Contacting moderators without access to PMs?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:24 am 
Made It Through The Storm

I had noticed that a moderator had logged on since I submitted some posts and got the message that they needed vto be approved by a moderator. I attempted to pm tham to find out if there was somthing wrong with them and it said that I couldn't do that either. How does a new mmeber contacft a specific moderator for a question that only applies to that one moderator before they can use private messaging and when is a member given access to that feature?

Post subject: Re: Contacting moderators without access to PMs?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:22 pm 
Awesome Admin

When you first sign up to the forum, your first post has to be approved by a moderator. If you post again before it's been approved, then that will also need to be approved. The reason we've got this system in place is because of spammers and/or people posting inappropriate stuff. Obviously being a forum for eating disorder recovery, it's a very sensitive place! We don't want spammers putting up triggering stuff. So yeah, everything has to be manually approved. At the moment, lots of the moderators are away, but I check the forum every day so it shouldn't be too long before posts from new users are approved :)

Because of this system, as you found out, you can't PM until you've been approved either. If it's been 24 hours and your post still hasn't been approved (or if you need some immediate help), then you can contact us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/recoveryboat or on Twitter @therecoveryboat.

Hope that helps!

Post subject: Re: Contacting moderators without access to PMs?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:42 pm 
Made It Through The Storm

Thanks. I'll have to like you guys on facebook too. :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]