It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: approved by a moderator?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:27 am 
Made It Through The Storm

Is this a permanent thing that all posts need to be approved by a moderator or is it just for a certain number of posts to make sure somebody is not a spammer and acftually talking about their life and recovery issues? If it is for a certain number of posts, how many is that, not that I'm just going to post one or two word answers just to get there. I just want to know how long a member is on probabtion before they are trusted in these forums. I don't know if that's what is going on and please if I'm wrong let me know but that's what it feels like.

Post subject: Re: approved by a moderator?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:27 pm 
Awesome Admin

Just the first post, but if you post again before the first post has been approved, then all the subsequent posts will need to be approved too. If that makes sense! I've approved your posts now so you should be good to go. :pirate:

There are a couple of sections on this site, mostly for journals, where you will need a certain number of posts before you can view them. This is so we can get to know new users and all feel comfortable with each other before sharing the more intimate stuff that some don't feel comfortable sharing on the main board. But the bulk of content you should be able to see as soon as you register.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:40 pm 

Thanks Alexandra. That makes sense to make sure somebody isn't just joining to put advertisements up. I have a board that I just started recently and only has I think six members. The only post not made by myself or the other moderator I knew from another site have been spam that I've depeted so I know exactly how that goes. I'd post the link in case anybody wanted to join but I'm not sure about the rules on that. If it's okay let me knos and I'll post it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:52 pm 
Awesome Admin

Sure, as long as it's recovery-orientated, you can post the link no probs :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:36 pm 

Okay, never mind then. It's a Christian fellowship forum so not exactly recovery related. If anybody wants it though, send me a pm and I'll give you the link. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:42 pm 
Awesome Admin

Oooh I thought you meant it was another eating disorder recovery type forum! Basically, as long as it's not a site with anything triggering, and you're not spamming about it loads, you can post a link. I actually thought we had a thread for links, but I can't find it. Maybe make a new one in Social Port?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]